My last ipsy bag for this year arrived earlier this week. Loved that it came in a simple black bag (my favorite color), which I will more than likely use later.
The following are what was inside the bag I received (from L-R):
- Bumble and bumble Repair Blow Dry
- Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid
- Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream
- NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Parfait
- Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara
Here are my thoughts on this month’s products. The Bumble and bumble Repair Blow Dry will be excluded. I rarely use heat styling tools, so I have yet to use it.
- Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid – I used this all over my lids. It has a bit of shimmer, but the mineral powder formula can be layered depending on the intensity you want. The shade (a light pink/purple) can also be used as a highlighter on the brow bone area. Just make sure to use a primer before applying. I have a feeling it’s very likely to crease without it.
- Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream – This feels a little thicker than other eye creams I’ve previously used, so I mainly use it at night. So far it’s kept my under eye area moisturized with no irritation. I’ll continue to use it until I’ve finished the tube.
- NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Parfait – I’ve had a so-so experience with the NYX products I’ve received in my ipsy bags. Although sheer, this came out nearly as pink as its packaging. I managed to tone it down a bit by layering a slightly darker gloss over it. I probably would have had a more positive review if I had received either the nude or mauve color instead (I’m a sucker for neutrals).
- Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara – A friend had said good things about this mascara a while back. Even better considering that said friend has quite an extensive collection of the stuff. So obviously I was excited to get this. Wore it twice: while running errands and to a holiday party. The brush did a great job of separating my lashes, and it didn’t flake or smear. Not something I’d expect from a non-waterproof mascara. Needless to say, I was impressed. This one easily made its way to one of my top picks for a mid to high end priced mascara.
Overall, I liked 3 out of 5 items in this ipsy bag, the best being the mascara. I can only hope that the ones they roll out next year will be even better. Fingers crossed!