Another month, another bag from ipsy. It had a Valentine’s Day feel to it since the bag was pink.
Here is what I received and my thoughts:
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Marry A Millionaire – This polish contained lavender and iridescent glitter. Again, in tune with the February theme as it reminded me of the colors of Mardi Gras. Good to use layered over plain polish or by itself (2-3 coats will bring out the lavender color more).
- City Color Cosmetics Lip Balm in Spice – As happy as I was to receive this neutral color, it looked better swatched on my arm than on my lips. In fact, after I applied it, it actually looked chalky and made my face look washed out. No thanks.
- Demeter Fragrance Library First Love Roll On Perfume Oil – I was curious about this since I never used perfume oil. I liked how it was a roll on, but the scent was too floral for my taste. Also, I had assumed the staying power would be good since it was an oil, but it faded after only an hour. According to the ipsy site, this was exclusively released in South Korea to rave reviews. I beg to differ with that, unfortunately.
- Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask – I always love me a good peel off mask. I have to agree with another ipsy user’s comment about the experience of using one being similar to peeling Elmer’s glue off of your skin during elementary school. What, you never did that?! I used this before taking a shower and my skin felt great after I removed it. I expected it to smell even just slightly of honey, but it was more like roses. No complaints here though.
- ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder in Peach Bellini – According to the product’s description, this was supposed to be a pressed powder blush. I will emphasize that last part because what I received was definitely not pressed powder. If I didn’t open it up carefully, it would have either exploded in my face or get all over my counter. Long story short, this looked like loose powder without a sifter; very messy! I managed to pack some of it into the container, but wasted a good amount having to clean it up a bit. I swatched this and used it over the past weekend. Nice color for my skin tone. I’ll have to try to bring it back to its pressed form before using it again.
Overall, the nail polish, peel off mask, and blush get the yays. The nays go to the lip balm and perfume oil.