It’s been over a year since I last qualified for a VoxBox, so I was really excited to get this. All of the products featured in this post were sent to me compliments of Influenster to test and review. The following opinions are 110% my own.
Here’s what I received:
- Club W promo code – This was an offer for the Club W wine club, in which the promo code was redeemable for a free bottle of wine. However, the free bottle wasn’t valid without a purchase of 2 bottles. Sound confusing? It was to some. I skipped out on the offer because I don’t drink wine often to begin with. 2 buck chuck suits me fine, thanks.
- Dove Fruit dark chocolate covered blueberries – I’ve already been a fan of Dove chocolate, so there was no doubt that I’d love this. It was so good, I could have finished it in one sitting.
- EcoTools Complexion Collection Mattifying Finish Brush – I was really looking forward to trying out this brush. Been a fan of EcoTools ever since I bought their retractable kabuki.
The blend of long and short, wavy bristles applies both pressed and loose powder evenly for a nice matte finish. Another favorite to add to the list! I’ll have Agnes here describe my initial reaction upon using it for the first time.
- Not Your Mother’s Deja Vu ‘Do Style Extender (travel size) – This hair primer is designed to “block humidity and repel dirt and oil”. Think of it as Porefessional for your hair. The instructions mentioned it was best to use on towel dried hair prior to blowdrying. Rather than do the latter, I let mine air dry. My roots tend to get greasy the second day after shampooing. Not with this stuff. It was nice to see them frizz and oil free. The red apple and berry scent of the product was a bit strong, but nothing I couldn’t handle.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss – I received this in the shade Rosetto, a neutral pink. It has a nice watermelon scent and applied smoothly. The lipstick supposedly lasts up to 8 hours, but it was more like 4 when I wore it.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara by Kate Moss in Eye Rock Jet Black – I loved the Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara from Rimmel, so I had some high hopes for this one as well. It had an interesting “broken heart” brush design, with tiny bristles at the tip. Those came in handy when reaching the inner lashes .
Sadly, the performance of this wasn’t as good as the Retro Glam. It smudged onto my lower lid after a few hours.
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Medium – I’m one of a few people who can tan everywhere, except my legs. After using this just once, it’s a must that I purchase it in full size to use over the summer. A little goes a long way (best to apply lotion to the area you plan to use it on, or even mix it in with the product prior to application). Give it about 2-3 minutes to set, and you’re ready to go.
I actually just lounged around in sweats afterwards because it was too cold, but when I changed clothes later in the day, there was no evidence of the product rubbing off on the inside of them. In fact, it wasn’t until I took a bath sponge with body wash to my legs that it finally came off. Amazing! The coverage was even, and it added just the right amount of color.
This is probably one of the best boxes I’ve received from Influenster thus far. Learn more about them and how you can qualify for ones like this one here.