Thank you stashmatters for the nomination!
- Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
- Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
My interest in blogging began during college. A handful of friends started accounts on Xanga. I eventually made one of my own and used it to share posts with them. I eventually tried other platforms, WordPress being one of them. I continue to enjoy posting about things I’m interested in.
- Don’t force your posts! Write about things that you don’t mind sharing. Whether it’s about the latest beauty trend, a review about a movie you recently saw, or your favorite TV show, focus on the things you enjoy in order to find inspiration.
- In addition to that, you don’t have to aim to please when it comes to your blog. It should be an extension of yourself, so again, post what you like. Other readers may also share your interest(s) as well.
- Having a blogging schedule isn’t always necessary. If you’re starting out and getting used to blogging, it’s fine to put together a post when a blogging moment strikes. I start and save a few drafts so that I can develop the posts more later. I do however find scheduling posts ahead of time comes in handy when I’m doing several at a time (e.g. 30 day challenges).
- Acknowledge feedback. It’s nice to hear back from other bloggers regardless of whether they follow you or not. I like to respond back when I can. It’s also a great way to discover new blogs.
Nominees (sorry if you’ve been nominated already!):