Had to get this post in before the year ends! Liked the theme of this bag and its design.
Here’s what I received:
INSPR Beauty Angle liner brush – Nothing special, although you can never have too many brushes.
Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil Light – No plans to use this on my face even if it’s a lighter formulation. I might mix it in with a body lotion to help with winter dryness.
Pantene Blowout Extend Dry Shampoo – Used it twice and it’s not bad. The scent is strong, as with most dry shampoos I’ve tried. It leaves a bit of a white cast, so comb/brush your hair thoroughly afterward.
Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara – I’ll get around to using this after I finish off the 4-5 mascaras I’m currently using. 😛
treStiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Chili Red – Not reaching for this any time soon unless I’m craving a red lip look. I probably would have tried it out if it were a different color.
I decided that this would be the last bag I receive from ipsy. I have gotten plenty of items from them, with a good amount winding up being used once/twice or not at all. Rather than tell you, I’ll show you how long I’ve been a subscriber.
Well, I’ve finally reached the end of my post countdown. I said I planned to challenge myself and I sure did. Managed to slack off a bit too, so apologies for back-to-back-to-back posts on some days. I’m actually on time with this one since my supervisor let us out of work an hour early (score!). I’ll let one of my favorite boy bands close out this post with a song. Have a great weekend with your loved ones!
There’s a neighborhood right across from where I live that has an awesome display of Christmas lights. They are put up around the week of Thanksgiving and stay until New Year’s Eve. Visitors from all parts of the Bay area and from out of town drive there to check them out. Tour buses have also been seen, and they’ve been featured in the local news. Weather permitting, people also walk around to take photos of the houses. Unfortunately, not all of the houses participate. There actually used to be more of them that did. Nevertheless, it’s still a yearly tradition that’s been around since I was in elementary school. And it’s a tradition for me and my family to visit at least once.
There were some houses that had various characters from cartoons, pop culture, and movies. One in particular had Santa and his elves climbing a ladder. Love the originality put into it.
One house that was a hit with visitors had a Star Wars display that used mostly Lego in their living room window. Speakers were placed outside of it that played music from the movies. It also had a lit up R2-D2 sitting near the top of their roof!
I always wondered what their electric bills look like. 😛 At least they don’t have to have these up all year round.
Came across this on fivezero‘s blog. Would have loved to do more holiday related tags as part of my post countdown!
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skin care routine? I’d like to think of it as 20% naughty and 80% nice. I had an episode of frequent breakouts most likely due to the fact that I wasn’t taking well enough care of my skin a few months ago. It’s since come close to clearing up. Definitely happy about that.
2. What’s the go-to beauty, makeup, or skincare product you would gift to your family and friends? I’d give them each a bottle of Bioderma that catered to their skin type. It’s been a time saver in my routine and made me change my perspective on the micellar water hype.
3. Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather drug store products to others? That would depend on the recipients’ preference. I have no problem doing both.
4. What are he beauty products you’re hoping to see under your tree this year? I don’t have an extensive list mainly because I’ve managed to cross the items off myself. Although, I have been eyeing a lip gloss from Too Cool For School and a Laneige BB compact.
5. What is the beauty product you’re dreading to receive for Christmas this year? A fragrance that doesn’t mesh well with me. I actually got some last year from relatives and have yet to use them.
6. Are you participating in Blogmas this year? If so, what is the post you’re most proud of so far? This is my first time doing Blogmas, but I’ve put a spin on it and made it a countdown to Christmas instead. My favorite post is about my favorite holiday movie.
7. Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a present? What was it and did you enjoy it? The earliest beauty present I remember receiving was a Love’s cologne gift set. Remember when their Baby Soft scent was popular? I’m getting flashbacks just thinking about it!
8. What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking stuffer? Easy! A travel sized UD All-Nighter setting spray.
9. Would you rather have friends and family ask you what gifts you wanted to receive or have them surprise you? I usually give them my wish list, but still am surprised with what they get me because I don’t have any idea of the exact item until I receive it.
10. What is your favorite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit? Either with accessories that signify winter (I have a snowflake pendant I like to wear) or a bit of shimmer (not too much) with either nail color or eye shadow.
I’ve fallen behind several times with my countdown posts due to a serious brain fart and not knowing what to write about. Thank goodness I’m at the home stretch! Just wanted to share a few things that I enjoyed about this month.
Playstation Experience – This was my first video game event and it was a ton of fun! You can find out more about it via my post on World of Geek Stuff.
Urban Decay’s UD Gwen Stefani palette – Love her and Urban Decay, so it was only a matter of time before I’d snatch this up. I’ve only used some of the neutral shades and like it so far.
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens – This was something that myself and fans of the franchise have been waiting for all year. I didn’t expect to see this until the weekend after it opened. Luckily a friend informed me that seats were still available opening night. Not too long of a wait to get in the theater, plus I didn’t get to watch it alone. Score! I won’t reveal any spoilers, but I will say that I recommend watching it.
Nutella cinnamon rolls – Found the recipe for this on Buzzfeed, and it’s so easy to make (Scroll down to the near end of the article to locate the recipe. I left out the icing part because I felt it would be too sweet). The end result? PheNOMenal.
In the part of California where I live, it’s been getting rather nippy with a couple of days of rain and slightly strong winds. What better time to think warm thoughts? Here’s what comes to mind for me.
A knit or fleece scarf (to wear, not eat)
Planting myself in front of a portable heater when at home. This cat knows what’s up!
Or if all else fails, jump into bed. Blanket burrito, activate!