I liked this on a brash attitude‘s blog and wanted to do it as well.
1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute? Black Friday signals the beginning of holiday shopping for me, and I usually try to cross things off my list during the week instead of waiting for the weekend. That’s when the malls are crowded and lines tend to be longer. No thanks!
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be? A Christmas Story. I’d be one of the kids on the playground that witness Ralphie’s friend get his tongue stuck on a pole. Haha!
3. Which do you like better, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day because that’s when my family (mom’s side) gets together. Christmas Eve used to be celebrated on my dad’s side, but it’s grown too large since my cousins now have their own families. So they have their separate celebrations.
4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it? We lagged a bit this year because my dad was getting a bit lazy with decorating. My mom told him not to be a Scrooge and put up a tree. So he bought a small one from the tree lot and also decorated it.
5. White lights or colored lights? I like them both. We alternate which ones we put on the tree each year.
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like surprises? When I was a kid, I went to great lengths to find out what I’d get from my parents. Now I don’t really have to do that because they just give me money so I can buy what I want. The presents I get from friends are always a surprise.
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or Santa’s Workshop? Unfortunately I’m not a big fan of gingerbread, so Santa’s shop it is!
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions. My parents go out in the morning and get baked goods from a local Filipino bakery that we eat after attending mass that evening. During the day my mom and I also prepare the food for Christmas when her side of the family comes over.
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be? I do have someone special in mind and I’d choose them. I’ll keep their identity a secret. 😛
10. What tops your tree? It’s usually a white star that lights up, but since our tree is smaller, it’s a cluster of metallic ornaments, star included.