The latest in the Marvel movie lineup was released last week, but I waited until yesterday to finally see it. (I’ll be trying to take advantage of seeing movies shortly after their release dates until next month when all the schools let out for summer break. Until then, nearly empty theaters during weekdays, FTW!) I’ll disclose now that I’ve been a bit biased with the Marvel flicks. I say this because I’ve only watched bits and pieces of the Captain America movies; never saw them in the theater. I should go back and view them in their entirety to get a clearer understanding of his back story. But I digress. Marvel does a great job once again with this movie, which puts the Avengers, and a few additional characters, against each other over the consequences of using their heroic efforts to help humanity.
I’ll stress his again if you’ve not been keeping up with how Marvel’s movies work, stay during the credits for hidden scenes. There are 2, so you don’t want to miss them! Have you watched Civil War yet? Feel free to share your thoughts (and if you’re Team Cap or Team Iron Man).
I finally got a chance to check out Marvel’s latest film over a week ago, and wanted to share my thoughts on it. I had seen the panel for this at SDCC last year and couldn’t wait to see it on the big screen. Although I’m not as familiar with this character compared to other ones from Marvel, others had told me that the film’s story line is similar to that from the comics. The lineup for this movie features Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, and Evangeline Lily (I had wondered throughout the whole time I watched it who that was because she looked familiar, but couldn’t figure out her name. D’oh!).
As with most of the Marvel movies that I’ve watched, this one is action packed and has its funny moments. I actually think this is one of the funniest ones from the franchise that I’ve seen so far, but to each their own. The following gif is from one of my favorite scenes.
And if you’ve been watching Marvel movies as much as I have, you know very well to stay after the credits for a special scene. The same would apply to this one. In fact, there are actually 2 that are shown. I don’t think I’ll ever understand how people just start leaving as the credits roll with these movies specifically. I can only assume that they haven’t watched enough of them to realize that there’s hidden material after it ends. Consider this a heads up if you happen to be one of them and are reading this post!
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Loved the cast, the story line, and it was consistently entertaining. Have you seen this yet or plan to see it? Let me know what you think of it in the comments.
I stayed off my social media accounts last night since several friends caught the latest Avengers movie. I finally got to see it this morning and was not disappointed. I didn’t pay too much attention to the trailers for the movie prior to its release, so I really didn’t know what to expect. I won’t spoil anything for those of you who do plan to watch it. But I will say it had lots of action, as all Avengers movies do, plus a little humor sprinkled here and there. Those of you that have been following these Marvel movies are probably wondering, as I was, on whether or not there is an end of credits scene. Sadly, there isn’t. However, stay tuned after at least the first 2-3 minutes of the credits because they do show a small clip. You’ll just have to watch it to see what it’s about. This gets 2 thumbs up from me!
I had to reactivate my subscription almost immediately after cancelling it once I found out what would be featured in this month’s box.
Here’s what was inside:
- Retro Arcade Skinny Tie by Black Tie Geek – It’s Space Invaders on a freakin’ tie! Others may just take it for a funky design. If only they knew…
- Voltron Blueprint T-Shirt by Flophouse – I’m pretty sure I’ve watched almost all of the episodes of the cartoon, and I’ve played with my cousin’s Voltron toy on several occasions. They’d be jealous if they saw this shirt, fo sho.
- 8-Bit Sunglasses by Loot Crate Lab – This one joins the all black pair I purchased a few years ago. Sweet!
- Star Wars Comic Book Issue 001 by Marvel – Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited to know I’d be getting this. I’ve been following this franchise ever since I was a wee Padawan.
- 1 Point : 21 Jiggawattz 10-Doh! Figure from Squid Kids Ink – The 10-Doh! series features 3 inch figures that resemble old school NES games. This one even came equipped with its own Zapper Gun!
- Comic Notebook by Unemployed Philosopher’s Guild – Ever wanted to create your own comic book? This mini version with 60 blank pages and special stencils makes it possible.
All Loot Crates also come with a special themed pin. I’ve only received 2 boxes so far, but I just might keep my sub for another month or so just to see what exciting things will be in the next one.